Busy as a Bee in My Atelier!

My home goods and personal accessories featured at the Eldorado Arts and Crafts Association May Studio Art Tour, Eldorado at Santa Fe!

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Passion for Blue and White

A Passion for Blue and White
The current issue of House Beautiful gives a delightful nod to the varied hues of blue.  Polls indicate it is the favored color of most.  I am unable to pass by blue myself, whether for a wall color or a design accessory or blue hydrangeas from the garden in summer.  In the meantime, what with winter lingering for a bit longer, I pulled out Carolyne Roehm's book, A Passion for Blue and White, to garner some inspiration.  Blue is soothing in its purity, by injecting a bit of yellow into it, or knocking it down to a grayed, muted tone.  Got my eye on Sherwin-Williams Comfort Gray and Oyster Bay . . .