Busy as a Bee in My Atelier!

My home goods and personal accessories featured at the Eldorado Arts and Crafts Association May Studio Art Tour, Eldorado at Santa Fe!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grosgrain Style

John Loecke's Grosgrain Style: Quick and Creative Projects for Accessorizing and Decorating with Grosgrain RibbonI have been on a grosgrain kick for several years now; it is an affordable way to embellish pillows and window treatments, and because of its stability, alot can be accomplished using it.  For example, I can embroider a Greek key design on a wide piece of grosgrain using an embroidery machine and run it down the leading edge of window treatment panels.  I also can gather the grosgrain as I round the corner of a pillow leaving the remainder flat like a flange for affordability.  Then, as synchronicity would have it, I found John Loecke's Grosgrain Style, a how-to guide for rugs, curtains, linens, and such.  Grosgrain is French for "course texture"--a trim that has always held an iconic place in fashion in its simplicity!